32. How to Keep Your Passwords safe by using FREE KeePass?
KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, lightweight, and easy-to-use manual password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Android mobile devices.
Go to http://keepass.com/ and scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on “DOWNLOAD NOW”
2. On the next page you will slide the slider over to validate the captcha.
3. Download the file and save it to your pc where you can find it.
4. Find the file and Double Click to Install
5. Select the Language from the drop down menu
6. Click “OK”
7. Click on “I accept the agreement” and then click “Next”
8. Click “Next”
9. Keep it at full installation when using it on your computer or compact if using on your android devices.
10. Click on all three boxes on the left side and click “Next”
11. Click on “Install”
12. Click on “Finish”
13. Click on “Enable (recommended)”
14. Open up the KeePass Program and click on “File” and then “New”
15. Create a Master Password for the file. This will be the only password that you need to remember. Write it down and store the password in a safe place. Repeat the password and Click “OK”.
16. If you wish you could put a special name and description for your newly created database or you could just click “OK”
17. Your new database will open up with predefined folders to help you organize your passwords.
18. Now to add your first password to the database. Click on “eMail” and then on the “KEY” to add a the password for your Email. In this example it will be for an existing Gmail Email account.
19. Now you need to make a title for your Entry. Such as Main Gmail Account address or something that you would be able to identify the Entry with. Enter the username that you log in with. Then add the password that you are using. Please note: that the password meter will let you know how strong your password is. Type in your password again to confirm it and below enter the URL for signing in. In the comments section you could add any notes that you need to for that particular site. Maybe in this example you would make note of the phone number and other identifiers that you used to open the account with. Now click “OK”.
20. You will notice that the Entry that you just completed is located in the Email folder. You know know how to add your websites and passwords along with other notes that are important and need to be under a secure lock and key so if you leave your computer. You can feel safe that your passwords are secure as long as you log off.
21. To log off and secure your passwords, click on “File” and then on “Exit”.